Friday, August 10, 2007

You Tube revisited

In an earlier post/assignment I mentioned You Tube as an technology which interests me (see June 28 “YouTube” post). Another You Tube feature I didn’t mention in that post is the ability to share the video with others.
I chose The Best of Mike Myers because 23 Things is supposed to be all about fun, and I find his humor fun (just to lighten things up some).
YouTube may be useful for certain library functions. Great care should be taken if we were to post a You Tube video to our webpage. It would need to look professionally produced which could be difficult or expensive. The subject matter would have to appeal to the public. A book discussion group meeting or a speaking engagement would likely not generate much interest. A dynamic children’s performer or musical performance might prove interesting, but again, the production quality has to be there.

No comments: