Tuesday, August 14, 2007

23 Things summary

1. Zoho and del.icio.us were my favorite discoveries followed by Library Thing.
2. 23 Things allows us to learn vital new technologies in a friendly, non-threatening format.
3. I will take away del.icio.us. In fact, I use it now on my office computer. I may use it at home as well.
4. How could 23 Things be improved? Many of us are intimidated when asking for help. Maybe working in groups would help resolve this.......perhaps in a computer lab environment.
5. Would I chose to participate in another discovery program like this? I would like to, but time constraints are a very real issue. Remember, we have completed 23 Things within the framework of normal work weeks. Thankfully, those involved with scheduling have allowed us some time for the project. It might be a good idea to expand even further the completion times. There is not a minute to spare these days. Having said that, 23 Things is a well-conceived learning project which I would highly recommend to anyone working library public service.
6. How would I describe my learning experience in a few words?
Enlightening - Forward thinking - Essential

No comments: