Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wikis

Library 2.0 in 15 Minutes a Day - easy to locate information with the table of contents........a smart and practical approach to teaching new technology.

SJCPL Subject Guides - I don't care for it. The links/subjects are too broad and the search feature wasn't helpful for me. Keyword search in iBistro beats this hands down.

Book Lovers Wiki - I enjoyed perusing this one. When opening a title's hypertext link, it takes you directly to the catalog record and lets you know the copy status.............very nice.

Library Success - A Best Practice Wiki - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WebJunction will fine thank you

ALA 2006 Wiki - Again, WebJunction will do. Am I missing something here?

Bull Run Library Wiki - Unattractive page, but the Dewey Decimal chart and links to other Virginia libraries is a nice feature.

Academic Library Wiki Examples - The University of Connecticut link is dead

Merlin Wiki Learning Link - I've a feeling we had all better familiarize ourselves with this resource.

I found the Princeton Book Lovers Wiki the most interesting and I feel it would be a great way to promote new titles at CCPL..........possibly replacing the new books printout we generate each month. A customer/reader review wiki might be fun for our customers.

No comments: